I help smart ideas become strong brands
I have a track record for successfully bringing innovations to market and fostering their growth. With a passion for simplifying complex ideas and creating products that people love, I lead teams to tell persuasive stories to the right people, in the right channels, and at the right times – the essence of brand and product marketing.
Autodesk, Inc. | Senior Marketing Manager – 3D Printing & Cloud Platforms (2014 – 2017)
Led global product marketing and brand marketing effort to establish this veteran software publisher as a leader in the emerging cloud development and additive manufacturing markets.
- Established brand definition, product positioning, market segmenting and customer messaging.
- Worked collaboratively with business and product leadership to establish and refine go-to-market strategy based on customer insights and adoption metrics analysis.
- Drove customer acquisition and retention programs across multiple channels including web, social, events and developer engagement.
- Developed content marketing programs that engaged vertical markets including cloud development, product design, architecture and building, additive manufacturing, Internet of Things (IoT) and Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
- Managed cross-functional team responsible for creative design, product launches, content marketing, marketing analytics and operations, and partner co-marketing.
vs. Goliath | Founder & Managing Director (2004–2014)
For more than a decade, I ran my own brand marketing agency. Together with creative partners, I helped turn innovations into successful products and compelling brands for startups, government organizations, and Fortune 500 companies, including the following:
- Streetlight Data (2014) Shaped the core brand and positioning for this big data and data analytics start-up. Researched competitive messaging and directed the content and design for market-specific collateral.
- Neo (2013–2014) Helped this agile product development company solve a major identity crisis. After conducting an extensive brand audit and competitive positioning analysis, I led a series of positioning workshops with company to iteratively create a cohesive new company storyline.
- SF Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) (2010–2013) Launched SFpark, the country’s first large-scale demand-based parking program and a new brand for parking in San Francisco. Simplified a complex story for drivers, community members and public officials. Headed up product development for a widely used iOS/Android parking app. Deployed comprehensive communications and influencer engagement program across social, web, and public speaking efforts. Lead creative and UX strategy for brand and product touchpoints including parking meters, street signage and garage wayfinding.
- Razorfish (2008–2009) Clarified this leading digital agency’s new marketing intelligence, site optimization, and Rich Internet Application offerings for their own go-to-market efforts. Strengthened existing product positioning, developed content strategy and drafted brochure and website copy.
- Genentech (2004–2007) Created a cross-departmental CRM adoption program for this biotech giant’s 1200-person salesforce. Our branding, communications, and training efforts resulted in a four-fold increase in adoption and unprecedented information sharing between sales and marketing.
Equilibrium (A CMGI Company) | Marketing Manager (1997–2001)
Spearheaded corporate and product marketing for this graphics software company and partnered with sales to drive exponential growth and prime the company for acquisition.
- Oversaw a $3 million global launch campaign, including integrated advertising campaign, domestic and international trade shows, and two press, partner and analyst tours across 12 cities.
- Led major corporate re-branding and product line packaging efforts.
- Managed internal web and marketing communications teams and directed external public relations, design and advertising agencies to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
Bachelor of Arts in English, Colgate University